To view the goals and objectives for the ND Aquatics Committee go to Aquatic Ecology Section of the Envirothon Website.
Other Wildlife materials teams should have:
- Video on the North American Wildlife Model for Wildlife Conservation "Opportunity for All"
-Habitats of ND books
In addition, teams are urged to visit the ND Game & Fish website and browse the weekly news releases and videos, and may order free publications.
Teams are also encouraged to study birds and bird sounds.
Prairie (Forests & Grasslands)
2017 Current Issue Resources
1. Soil and Water Conservation best management practices; their purpose and implementation.
2. How are soil and water conservation best management practices interrelated to the management of wildlife, forestry and aquatic systems?
3. How do agriculturists maintain a balance between economic return, quality of life and the quality of the environment?
Upon completion of the training, the student will be able to:
1. Identify and recommend soil and water conservation best management practices.
2. Describe the roles of partnering conservation groups and government entities in conservation efforts.
3. List and explain some agricultural and engineering uses of soil.
4. Identify the concept of soil quality/health to provide the needed functions for human or natural ecosystems over the long term.
5. Identify various types of soil erosion and utilize different methods to estimate and predict soil erosion to assess land use impacts.
a. RUSLE equation
b. Aerial Photographs
c. Topographic Maps
d. Soil Maps
e. USDA Classification System
f. Soil Surveys
6. Explain why land-use planning is important to our ecosystems and to our economy to achieve sustainable agriculture.